Halloween is going to be here before we know it and if you’re anything like us, you’ve procrastinated on your costume and now you’re S.O.L.
[insert panic attack here]
Have no fear, Earthbound is here!
This year we featured a badass collection of post-apocalyptic inspired masks and gear for our ‘End of Days’ Halloween themed costume shop. We’re such an optimistic crew that seeps positive energy, it was fun to try out something dark and unexpected.
We’re kind of obsessed with this braided faux hawk hairstyle you might’ve seen in our store windows. It’s such a fierce and edgy look that can be used in any number of costume ideas; from post-apocalyptic to rocker chic to even Rey from Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
Earthbound’s ‘End of Days’ Faux Hawk Hair
Here’s what you need:
- At least 7 hair ties
- Bobby pins
1. Divide the hair into three equal sections, with a strip of hair running from front to back in the center section.
2. Take a small amount of hair from the front of the center section to create a bump or poof. Tease the hair at the roots to add volume and slightly twist it into a bump. Pin it with a bobby pin.
3. Grab some hair from the center section, right behind the poof and make it into a ponytail.
4. To make the first loop, divide the hair at the base of the ponytail in half and weave the tail partially through to create a small loop. Fan out the loop and securely bobby pin it.
5. To make the second loop, grab the next section of hair from the center and make it into a ponytail. Repeat step 4.
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 to make TWO more loops for a total of FOUR loops down the center.
7. Remove the left and right ponytails and create a long braid on each side.
8. Gather hair from the left and right sections and pull through the final loop.