Healthy Pumpkin Dog Treats (with DOGSBUTTER too!)
'Tis the season for holiday parties and friendsgiving gatherings with the people - and pups - we love the most. We become googling machines, hunting for the best hostess gift for the next event. If you're like us, then most of your friends probably have a dog, or two...or three they think the world of. We even tend to treat our dogs better than ourselves and want what's best for them. Fur children are real chidren, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
So what do you bring along with that bottle of wine and agate coasters when you're in a rush? Whip up this healthy and easy batch of dog treats for the hostess' one true love and maybe you'll get an extra serving or to go box of that mac n cheese you were eyeing all night.
Here's what you need:
- 1/2 cup DOGSBUTTER (Unlike real PB, this doesn't have any added salt, sugar or hydrogenated oils)
- 1 cup 100% Pure Pumpkin Puree, canned
- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour (might need less, depending on consistency)
- Large bowl
- Parchment paper
- Rolling Pin
- Cookie sheet
- Dog cookie cutters
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, mix the DOGSBUTTER and pumpkin puree together. Add 1/4 cup of flour at a time and stir together until the dough isn't sticky. You don't want the mixture to become too dough-y.
3. Grab your rolling pin and roll out the dough between two sheets of parchment paper until it is about 1/4" thick. Start cutting out the treats with the dog cookie cutters.
4. Add parchment paper to the cookie sheet and place the dog treats on it.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for about 8 - 10 minutes. Remove them once they are completely cooled and store it in an airtight container. Since these are all natural, the shelf life is only 3 - 5 days.
If you try these out, let us know how your dog or friend's dog likes them! Pumpkin puree is rich in soluble fiber and is great for keeping their digestive tract running smoothly. Plus the DOGSBUTTER provides added nutritional benefits like Vitamin E, protein, and Omega-3's, which is great for their skin.
Nov 23, 2015 at 01:43 PM
I make these for my dog all the time! He loves them!
Nov 23, 2015 at 02:56 PM
MMM! Glad your fur baby likes them :)