Soak It In: Bath Time Benefits with Essential Oils
Feeling stressed? Take a bath.
Need to unwind? Take a bath.
Clear your mind? Take a bath.
Got sore muscles? Take a bath.
Running a warm bath, lighting some candles, (and maybe pouring a glass of wine) is the answer to all of our life problems. If you add a few drops of essential oils, you can really take your bath game to the next level. By simply inhaling the oils while soaking in the warm bath, you can easily improve your circulation, relieve muscle aches and soothe your skin.
Add 5 - 10 drops of the oil of your choice to bath salts or another carrier.
1. Grapefruit: This yummy citrus has an uplifting and relaxing effect on the mind and provides mental clarity. Add this to the bath when you need to take a break but plan on getting back to the grind soon after.
2. Lavender: Probably the most popular essential oil when it comes to bath time, lavender calms the mind and helps induce sleep. Perfect after a long day when you really need to unwind.
3. Frankincense: This powerful essential oil deepens breathing, calms nerves, helps with anxiety, and fights stress. Must have after a rough day.
4. Rosemary: This essential oil stimulates blood circulation and has anti-inflammatory properties that provide pain relief. Great after a tough work out or busy day when muscles need to relax.
5. Sandalwood: Ups your libido. Need we say more? It's been used for centuries in India as an aphrodisiac. Great way to spend some quality time with your significant other.
6. Eucalyptus: Combats sluggishness and stimulates the mind. Perfect way to wake up in the morning and jump-start your day.
What's your favorite essential oil to add to a bath?