This time of year, there is nothing better than giving a gift that comes from the heart. Why not pull double-duty and wrap that special something in a unique and personal paper made by you? And did we mention this is friendly to the environment as well?!
What you will need:
-Paper shopping bags (you can use Earthbound bags, grocery bags, etc.)
-Paint and/or markers
-Fabric scraps and/or twine, string, yarn, etc.
1. Lay out your paper and measure how much will be needed for the gift.
2. Draw or paint your design on the front of the paper. Here we used stencils with a foam brush to apply some basic paint in fun holiday shapes.
3. Add any finishing touches.
4. Wrap as you normally would.
5. For extra pizzazz, we used a strip of torn fabric as the bow on this gift. Simply snip at the width you would like your faux-ribbon and pull downward to create an organic edge. Tie around your gift and voila!
6. Fashion some name tags out of your paper scrap, using a hole-punch and string to attach. BAM! Your personalized gift is ready for giving!
The best part of this project is that there is absolutely no wrong way to do it. You can get as creative as you want! Just walk around your house and look for items to trace, ornaments to attach, or glitter to sprinkle on. We promise the person getting this gift will be smiling well before they tear into that beautiful, repurposed paper!
Still looking for that perfect gift? Hop on over to your closest Earthbound location for an endless array of gift-able goodies!
If you need a little more inspiration, here’s how a few customers have reused our shopping bags for their own gift wrap!